mark wollschlager wrote:
> Nice looking setup.
> Any chance of a peek inside the box?
> Is the angle of the display fixed, or is it adjustable?

Hi Mark

The display can be changed from about 10 deg down, through upright to
about 45 deg back.   When tilting down, I have to be careful not to
knock the glass front of the display on the aluminium bracket. The angle
is held because the two pivot screws at either end of the bracket are
fitted with spring washers and torqued up to give  a friction grip at
any position.

There is so much jammed into the box, it is impossible to take clear
pictures inside!.  The problem is that the various commercial chassis
mount cables (ethernet and usb to chassis and usb male to female for the
memory stick) are too long  and have to be looped around  inside.  I
also had to make of new usb male ends, with no strain relief,
(shorter), so as to enable them to be plugged into tthe Pi when it is
screwed to it's mount points in the box.  If I was starting again to
build this, I would make up my own cables and make them to length, but
hey! what the eye cannot see....!

I used this:-
https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-7-touchscreen-display-with-frame
as a starter.

The inspiration for the Hammond came from here:-
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=124705

I bought a 5v 3amp wallwart from Ebay, and feed it into the ATXraspi
power control. I then took  two switched outputs from the ATXraspi, fed
the PI from it's normal micro USB and the display control board through
it's micro USB.   I had to change the GPIO used by the ATXraspi as  the
normal  GPIO7 and GPIO8 were in use.    This power system works well.
There is no indication of any power probs when booting ( the little
under power icon shown on the display), and by pressing the power switch
for >2 sec  the Pi shiuts down the software gracefully then powers off
completely at the ATXraspi.

cheers

Patrick