bpa wrote:
> 1.4.7 still seems to grow the cache.db file but at a much smaller rate -
> this needs to be checked.  Once cache.db has grown it does not seem to
> shrink even after expiry of entries or purging - this needs to be
> confirmed.

FWIW my cache.db grew to over 1GB with a running stream all day
yesterday, but it's small again this morning. cache.db-wal is now 1GB+,
and cache.db is small again. What happened overnight? rescan...

I assume the -wal file is a temporary backup copy while the rescan
writes new database entries? So for me at least it looks as if the daily
rescan prevents my cache.db from growing out of hand.