bpa <bpa.7m2...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com> writes:

> rkrug wrote:
>> I am playing BBC iPlayerExtra at the moment (Dash enabled) and don't
>> see
>> any change in the size of cache.db. Before I played BBCiplayer for a
>> few
>> minutes and also saw no change.
>
> Can you check cache size after playing a couple of mins from lots of
> programs ?

Using BBCiplayer playing BBC 2 via DASH (I assume - only DASH selected
in Live Stream and On Demand settings):

4.3M  cache.db

What do you mean different programs?

Now switched to BBC 3, after nearly four minutes still 4.3M

> Are you using a player which displays images such as Web UI,
> Touch or Radio and is it being updated.

Playing via squeezelite on OSX:

,----
| 11:21:05 ~$ squeezelite-osx -?
| Squeezelite v1.8, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith. See -t for license terms
| Usage: squeezelite-osx [options]
|   -s <server>[:<port>]        Connect to specified server, otherwise uses
autodiscovery to find server
|   -o <output device>          Specify output device, default "default", - =
output to stdout
|   -l                          List output devices
|   -a <l>:<r>                  Specify Portaudio params to open output device,
l = target latency in ms, r = allow OSX to resample (0|1)
|   -a <f>                      Specify sample format (16|24|32) of output file
when using -o - to output samples to stdout (interleaved little endian only)
|   -b <stream>:<output>        Specify internal Stream and Output buffer sizes
in Kbytes
|   -c <codec1>,<codec2>        Restrict codecs to those specified, otherwise
load all available codecs; known codecs: flac,pcm,mp3,ogg,aac,wma,alac (mad,mpg
for specific mp3 codec)
|   -C <timeout>                Close output device when idle after timeout
seconds, default is to keep it open while player is 'on'
|   -d <log>=<level>            Set logging level, logs:
all|slimproto|stream|decode|output, level: info|debug|sdebug
|   -e <codec1>,<codec2>        Explicitly exclude native support of one or
more codecs; known codecs: flac,pcm,mp3,ogg,aac,wma,alac (mad,mpg for specific
mp3 codec)
|   -f <logfile>                Write debug to logfile
|   -m <mac addr>               Set mac address, format: ab:cd:ef:12:34:56
|   -M <modelname>              Set the squeezelite player model name sent to
the server (default: SqueezeLite)
|   -n <name>                   Set the player name
|   -N <filename>               Store player name in filename to allow server
defined name changes to be shared between servers (not supported with -n)
|   -r <rates>[:<delay>]        Sample rates supported, allows output to be off
when squeezelite is started; rates =
switching rates in ms
|   -t                          License terms
|   -?                          Display this help text
|
| Build options: OSX PORTAUDIO SELFPIPE FFMPEG
`----

On the web-interface of LMS it says 96kbps, aac.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1473501469 @ Sat Sep 10 10:15:59
UTC 2016

Outside UK

Cheers,