computer said:

>I know that but that needs much more space and I would have to scroll to
>see all the data I need to see. Also it is no use to see that I have sent
>a mail (I know that, I only want to see to whom) and that I received a
>mail (I only want to see from whom, the account I can see anyway).

I still don't see why it won't work. My In Tray doesn't display the To
column (because, as you say, I know that it came to me), only the From
column. My folders that save sent messages include the To column and not
the From.

In those folders that I store both incoming and outgoing messages, I
usually display the From column. This lets me easily see if it's an
incoming or outgoing message (although I also use the icons in the far
left column). I don't have any folders that display BOTH the To and From
columns.

I'm on a PowerBook, so not a huge amount of screen real estate, and this
works for me. Whichever folder is open, I can see the info I need,
whether that is the To or From, account, spam rating (once a message gets
past my In Tray by means of filters, I don't display the spam rating, so
this means I only display the Spam Rating column in the In Tray, the
Recent Mail browser, and the Spam folder), etc.

--
Sherman