Don V. Zahniser [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 29 April 2004 stated:

>Now - What I really want to do is to move messages (not just the
>attachments) having attachments with specific suffixes to a folder (e.g.
>- Mail Trash or one named 'Spam').

Use Multiple filters. Use one to move the message, then use another to
run the AppleScript. It's probably easier with the latest beta of 5.0,
but I believe you can still do it in 4.2.1.

>I, too have worked in several programming languages (BASIC, FORTH, and
>several scripting languages), but have not found myself compatible with
>AppleScript, so any assistance would be welcome.

AppleScript is a bit quirky at first, but once you get the hang of it,
it's really easy. The hardest part is each application has their own
dictionary, so something like:

Set MyVariable to current selection

works great in one application, but not another. That's the frustrating
part. I've found myself starting to use AppleScript more as the "glue"
and SED and AWK to do all the heavy lifting. I've seen huge improvements
in speed, but both SED and AWK also have their own set of issues as well.

Wayne

--
sans la Musique la Vie serait une Erreur
Without music, life would be a mistake.

Live DAT & Music Page: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/
Wayne's Music Calendar: http://ical.mac.com/wayneb/Music
PowerMail AppleScript Archives: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html

Music Currently playing: Go Dog Go "The Rain" :