I am using PM 4.2.1 on Mac OS 9.0.4.  I have tried downloading this
script several times with 3 different browsers.  When I unstuff the file
(Stuffit Expander 5.5 or 7.0.3) and try to open it, I get errors.  With
Script Editor, I get a 'disk error'.  When I use Smile, I get an error -
39.  Other scripts that I download from this site open without problems.

Now - What I really want to do is to move messages (not just the
attachments) having attachments with specific suffixes to a folder (e.g.
- Mail Trash or one named 'Spam').

I, too have worked in several programming languages (BASIC, FORTH, and
several scripting languages), but have not found myself compatible with
AppleScript, so any assistance would be welcome.

Thanks!