*John Snippe asked:

>So my question is two-fold:  it is possible to have 3 or more installs
>of Powermail be able to access a single database folder
It's certainly possible but not likely to be practical unless you're on
the same stable network subnet.

>, and/or is it
>possible for more than one user to access a database folder at a time,
It's not possible nor would it be recommended to even attempt it.

*Beatrix Willius said:

>IMAP was designed for this sort of problem.
That could be said, however this is ruling out PowerMail as a client
IMHO as the IMAP-support is very basic. But this does depend on the
amount of traffic of course. I do check webmail accounts with more
sporadic traffic via IMAP in PowerMail.

Unfortunately leaving the messages on server and fetching via POP from
multiple locations is inadvisable as PowerMail more often than other
clients in my experience misses to fetch occasional messages and fetches
a lot of duplicates as well, at least so on high volume accounts. And
this with only one DB and one client in one location. It's a drag really.

MB

Technoids:
PM 6.0.5 build 4621 sv | OS X 10.5.8 | PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0 | 4GB / 1.5TB