On 10-Jul-10, at 9:51 AM, Tobias Jung wrote:

And Mailsmith doesn't work with a single database but individual files
(one file for each message) and I don't know what will happen if you
just sync those files between various computers.

Actually, afaik the current iteration does indeed use a database rather than text-file system... it was apparently the first thing the developer changed in going from v2.2 to v2.2.5 once BareBones let it go. It's one of the things that somewhat disappointed me about this new version as I am kinda-sorta still old-school about liking text files ;-)

It would actually not be a 'sync' issue per se, if I set up the "user database" in the Dropbox folder, and alias that folder to the various installs (I think...) That's something I am hoping to test, in any event.

I feel so unfaithful having this discourse here...

BTW: the sales department did get through to me this AM with a multi- license promo coupon... thanks, Chantal ;-)
--
John Snippe