On 2/05/16 4:17 PM, Mark Levison wrote:
Richard - thank you signalling contempt for anyone us who help their clients simplify their code.

I will take the hint and sign off this list.

Dear Mark.  I did not express contempt for ANYONE AT ALL.

Still less did I express contempt, disdain, distaste, or any other negative
affect towards people who help their clients simplify their code.

Simplifying client's code simply wasn't under discussion at all.

I *did* express disbelief in a rigid dogma "Keep files under 30 lines"
and ask whether anyone had any empirical evidence.

If asking for evidence is to express contempt, then I must be guilty.