On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Fred Taylor <fbtay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We STILL have about half our machines at work and my personal laptop, that

Ouch! Sorry to hear that!

> Microsoft is really beginning to bug me (more so now then ever!).  We have
> been considering ChromeBoxes and remote desktop into a Windows server, but
> even that would require massive change.  We are heavily dependent on Excel
> automation for lots of things we do.

Also, there's an issue that you are just moving the problem to the
remote end. One of my VFP clients has a terminal service hosted at a
datacenter and an IT staff to manage the machine, but they still run
into mind-bending issues when updates come out, locking up VMs,
blocking printing, etc. And it's our fault, since our app isn't
working <s>.