On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Michael Madigan <mmadi10...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> All I use now is a chromebook logged into a terminal server, but it's not
> without problems.    Seems you have to have a computer with few extensions
> loaded to avoid freezing.

Absolutely! Chromebooks rock! I picked up a 15" ASUS with 1920x1080,
2Gb, 16 Gb SSD, refurb ~$150, and it is pretty much the perfect Net
Computer we've been promised for a decade or more. With that as a
front end, and Chromecast hooked up to the TV as the back end, it's a
pretty good little browser and entertainment center, decent webmail
interface, etc.

However, when you're dealing with Windows, locally or remote, you're
dealing with all the joy MS packed into it: security flaws, unsafe
software, shaky updates, 32-/64-bit incompatibilities, weird network
behavior, etc.