On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 at 10:34, Alan Bourke <alanpbou...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> The thing about all the VNC and similar solutions is that they require
> firewall ports to be opened, and potentially router faff, and they also
> require a server component to be pre-installed on the user's systems
> somewhere.

Actually you don't if you have a server that can accept incoming
connections from both sides.
In my experience you don't need to install the server component.

It's been a while since I tried this so bear with me.

I think it's this.
https://www.uvnc.com/products/uvnc-repeater.html

Looks like there's software for Linux too.

--
Paul