Virgil Bierschwale wrote:
> Isnt that what microsoft is doing ?

    I don't think so. What I  would call it is the old bait and switch.
Software has been around for a long long time and the industry has
accepted the single
PC use for as long as I can remember, this is what I think everyone
considers "Fair Use" and is perfectly acceptable. But now that everyone
has become so
dependent on this technology Microsoft wants to change that paradigm to
one that suites their bank accounts and drain everyone dry, to me this
is unacceptable.

I think it is they way we view "our" personal computers and the way
Microsoft views "our" personal computers aren't the same.

I look at my PC like I do my automobile, If I want to by after market
parts and install I am going t, if I want to rip the engine out of my
Ford and drop in a small block Chevy, I am going to and nobody tries to
stop me. If they did I wouldn't buy it.

I put a lot of thought into trying to think of some other "thing" in our
lives that the manufacturer tries to dictate how we use it and I am
honestly at a loss.

> Virgil Bierschwale wrote:
>
>> Yet, when we sell our software, its ok for us to put stipulations that
>> specify that you cannot have more then one copy, yada yada yada, in
>> order to protect ourselves..?

    Again, this is well established and accepted.

> When you buy the can of beans, you only get 1 can.  Want to cans (copies)?
> Fork over another 89 cents.  :-)

    That is fair, just don't try and tell my I can't eat them on Thurday
or that I can't eat them with a competitors can of corn.