Strange. As we always say, it works for me.

What is the value of VERSION_j_ ? It should be '701.1 2'.

But that has to be right as you indicate the backspace key repeats if you
hold it down.

Is there any chance you are trying jj in the previous j701 version?

I also just realized that I probably need to update the JHS addon.

I will look at this later tonight if you can give me a little more info.

All that jj does is to:
   load'~system/util/jj.ijs'