Eric,

  Deleting and reinstalling worked! I was able to go through all the
steps in the wiki. The value of sin 1 is written back to
~/j64-806-user/temp/t.txt
  *Now* I have to reload all the files and data that I moved to the
iPhone over the last many months. For future updates, I hope there
is a way to avoid wiping out all my installed scripts.
  Understand, I not complaining ...

                                      Patrick