The on device update path for iOS is via the "App Store" on the menu bar there,
the rightmost item is Updates. That will show you pending updates for all your
Apps. Items appearing there have a button "UPDATE" and after invoking that and
downloading/installing the update, that will change to "OPEN".

However, if you use one of the tests in the discussion below and see that some
parts of J701 are still the old version. If you don't have potential trouble
with saved data, I recommend following Eric's suggestion of touching the J icon
until it wiggles, then delete it. Then go to the App Store again and search for
"J Software" to get a fresh copy of the new stuff.