Hello Clément, all,

This is a very timely message! I have indeed started to think of making this migration again. Although I don't have a lot of time to work on it, I would like to see it done. There is an old attempt here:

 https://github.com/DavidAspinall/ProofGeneral

but it didn't get updated and indeed we could do a better job with the user names. I'll take a look at your attempt soon (which tool did you use?).

I agree that we probably need to set a cut-off date and disconnect the old CVS repo, the sync options don't look robust. What I could most do with help is converting the packaging/publishing tools to use the github repo. (The web pages also badly need replacing but I'm not sure if anyone would have the stomach to do that?)

I'm slightly wary of needing to manage merge requests so I thought of using a GitHub organisation for this to share the job and to host a central repo. Hence:

 https://github.com/ProofGeneral

If anyone on this list would like to join, please tell me your GitHub user name.

 - David