Hi Jason,

I think this is mostly useful as a way to avoid rewriting history to fix
usernames; in this case, though, we can fix the usernames as part of the
conversion process; cvs2git includes a facility for that (which I demonstrated
in the repo that I build by mapping "da" to "D. A. <d...@example.com>").

Clément.