Roger Bishop Jones wrote:
On Wednesday 14 Apr 2010 13:23, Phil Clayton wrote:

You can actually get docdvi and texdvi to generate PDF
 files straight up if you add
   \RequirePackage[pdftex,...]{hyperref}
in the preamble (where ... represents other options). See attached example. This is generally useful anyway
 as it makes the references in a document hyperlinks.

I do have these things in my documents, but at the time I started doing PDFs they did not have that effect.

The main problem I had at the time was in getting hyperlinked indexes to work, ProofPower at the time had its own way of doing indexes which did not use makeindex, and this didn't work out with the hyperlinks. In the end I decided that the best way to get the hyperlinks to work was to change texpdf to use makeindex instead of whatever it was then doing.

So, are you telling me that I can now get pdf files with hyperlinked indexes without any changes to the ProofPower document preparation scripts?

No, I was just talking about the links within a document using \label and \ref and things like the contents page. That's all pure LaTeX so is bound to work. I'd forgotten that hyperref breaks the index support.