Rob,

I have a question for you about a particular exception I am running into.
So I have gone through all the tutorial documents, and even after all that
I realize I have a long way to go with getting the hang of things, but I am
currently trying to enter in a small example to try and begin performing
some proofs on it and get comfortable before moving on to my much larger
specifications that I need to prove for my dissertation. I have tried
looking for the answer to the exception in the reference manual, but it is
very large and my search inquiries seem to be coming up empty.

The problem I am having is this. I am trying to use the union operator in
my specification. More specifically I am trying to and a individual item to
a set in the predicate of a specification paragraph in z, which is allowed
by the rules of the language. The PP system comes back with expection 62000
of the Z-Parser, saying that the union symbol from the palette is a free
variable and those are not permitted in Z paragraphs. I certainly do not
want it to be a variable either, I want to use it as a set operator.

Do I need to typecast this symbol as something, such as an ML or HOL object
inside the Z paragraph?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon