Rob,

I have run into something interesting. None of the buttons work in the
window, just as File, Edit, etc, nor do the buttons for closing, maximizing
the window, etc., but I am able to move the window around no problem. I
have moved the window everywhere, there is no other window around, so that
rules out that. I also looked at the process id list to see if there was
anything besides the one xpp, and there is not, so there is just the one
running.

I will try and get this gdb installed on my Debian imaged and get back to
you.

Thanks,
Jon