Jon,

On 19 Aug 2012, at 20:51, Jon Lockhart wrote:

> Roger,
>

> Yes, the xpp interface locks. The command executes and then I can't access
> any of the taps in the journal window, the ML command line will not close,
> nor can I use the palette I have open either.

My first guess is that a dialogue window that has popped up but is hidden
behind one of the other windows. Are you able to slide the windows around to
look for such a thing? If this is the case, then please let me know what Linux
distribution and desktop you are using and I will try to find out why the
window manager isn't getting the stacking ordering right.

If that isn't the problem, then we need to find where xpp is hanging. To do
this, first install gdb if you don't already have it. Then reproduce the
problem and find out the process id for the xpp process and do:

gdb <ProofPower Installation Directory>/bin/xpp <process id>

and then when gdb gives you its prompt, type "where".