On Mon, 07 May 2001 11:08:40 -0400, you wrote:

>I cleaned up this schematic from another designer who didn't realize power
>ports were global, so he placed ports on all the sheets routing GND, VCC
>etc. Now that it's all cleaned up, I get this disjointed GND net. The VCC
>net seems to be connecting as do all the other nets........huh?

Ahh, that could be a tricky area - I seem to remember something about using
port connections to isolate power nets between sheets.

Like supplying static RAM with a battery backed VCC by placing it on a
separate sheet and connecting power with ports.

There may even be an example in the handbook or somewhere.

I don't know exactly how it was supposed to work or if it is still supposed
to work like that. Make double sure you don't have any GND ports left on
the sheet (or sheet symbols).

Cheers, Terry.

* To join or leave this list visit:
*                      - or email -