I have been trying to send this for over four hours.  Please accept my apologies if it
gets duplicated as our ISP seems to think [EMAIL PROTECTED] does not
exist.

Robi,

> Will W2k tolerate modem-sharing?

Yes.  ICS is included with W2K, though I recommend and use a hardware solution
instead.  Also, I upgraded to DSL shortly after I bought W2k

> Will W2k tolerate dual screen-setup with totally independed
> screen-settings?

Yes.  At home I use NVidia's GeForce2 MX (a dual-port w/TV-out) running a 20" Silicon
Graphics @ 1152x864 and a 15" Magitronics @ 800x600, both at High Color (16-bit)...
checking e-mail while watching a route is great eye-candy for me.

> Will W2k tolerate a DOS-Shell?

Not nearly as easy to answer as the first two.  I would rather you pull my finger
nails out.  If a program can be run from the 'Command Prompt',..  I have no problems
running a DOS-based MTBF program, however I never got PCAD 5.0 or 7.0 to run w/W2k.
With a batch file to switch between the different settings and a second (much older -
remember when they had a switch on the bottom?) mouse, I was able to run 7.0 from
within '98 and 5.0 in '98's MS_DOS Mode.  I have an extreme hatred of P-CAD, based on
the two versions I have used, so I do not really care to put more of an effort to
getting it to run on any of my machines.

Now, I know that last one didn't help,
Drew

Andrew W. Riley III
Talon Instruments