Robi Bittler wrote:

> Hi guys -
> Hi a.j. -
> yes It's me, again - "Robi is doing the upgrade dance" - that's what you
> called it, didn't you, a.j.?
> Anyway -
> you guys only ever talk about the good things of W2k as an operating system.
> Could someone please give me the down-sides of it, as well.
> , couple of questions -
> Will W2k tolerate modem-sharing?
> Will W2k tolerate dual screen-setup with totaly independed screen-settings?
> Will W2k tolerate a DOS-Shell?

Barely, sorta, sometimes....

I can't run my eprom programmer (DOS program - uses parallel port) under
Win2000.

My Aztec 8085 C compiler apparently can't find paths, or follow
environment variable settings, under Win2000

The mouse doesn't work with Borland C 2 in a DOS window. The compiler
does work, if I can figure out how to do everything from the keyboard.

And I just discovered a problem with Protel 99SE/SP5 under Win2000 that
doesn't seem to occur under Win98.  With Win2000, Protel crashed when
trying to unhide component comments on a PCB, or when copying that PC to
a new one - both operations seem to work find under Win98...

(I haven't had time to fully analyze this last problem yet...)