At 12:26 PM 3/2/01 -0500, Brian Guralnick wrote:

>Any recommended settings for the autorouter to help prevent the
>illustrated near 90 degree corner routing.
>_____________
>Brian Guralnick

There is a rule called "Routing Corners" which theoretically should affect
this behavior. Design/Rules/Routing/Routing_Corners. I have not played with it.

When pins are on-grid, the autorouter is actually fairly decent,
cosmetically speaking. With a lot of off-grid pins, we could certainly wish
for better clean-up routines.

However, I will typically touch up the routes manually to eliminate
zig-zags, etc. The fastest way I know to do this is to draw over the routes
with loop removal turned on. It is much faster than deleting them and
replacing them.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
LOMAX DESIGN ASSOCIATES
PCB design, consulting, and training