I have found that the efax writer also works well within workgroups
(unfortunately you must have the efax software to read it and more people
have acrobat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Albach [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 1:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PEDA] [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Printing to PDF...

Thanks Abd ul-Rahman Lomax,
    This is an old topic but I was glad to see that PDF writer is on the
Adobe
PhotoDeluxe Home Edition CD.  I installed it just for the PDF writer.  It
works
well for Protel 99SE SP6 and SP5 PCB but will not work for schematics.
Printing from a schematic does not bring up the "Save PDF File as" box,
instead
it acts like it is printing directly to the drive.  When I search for all
files
created recently there is nothing.
    Have you seen the problem?  Is there any way to fix it?

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> I got my copy of PDF writer when my wife bought an Olympus digital camera.
> Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition was included. I had installed the photo
> program and one day I went to print something and I looked at my printer
> drivers, and PDF Writer was there. PhotoDeluxe set it up during
> installation.... I'd been wondering how I was going to get it, being
> simultaneously a cheapskate and one who does not want to pirate software.
>
> With what I know now about PDF, I'd definitely buy whatever it took to get
> the ability to write it, and I might buy Acrobat anyway, because of all
the
> cool things you can do that aren't included with PDFWriter. *Everything*
is
> documented with PDF now. Talk about market penetration..... whew!
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Abdulrahman Lomax
> P.O. Box 690
> El Verano, CA 95433