Jim Mcgrath wrote:
> Accurate conversion is the key. NOT that metric rules.

But what do you do when you live in both worlds? I had a client with a
somewhat funnel shaped board and he wanted the assembly drawing for one
end dimensioned in mm and the other in mils.

Note, as soon as you change measurement units, the values in the
dimensions change accordingly! So just to compensate, I explode the
dimension to free primitives.

Hey Protel, why not allow the user to assign a measurement unit to each
dimension. (and while you are at it provide BOTH mil and mm on the
measure distance function to avoid the constant swap between the two...)

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs

* To join or leave this list visit: