Jim Mcgrath wrote:
> I'm with you. I and most designers live in both worlds. We just
> need Protel to fix the conversion so we can toggle between worlds
> without introducing roundoff errors. Your process works for you
> to "GET IT DONE" just not easy. If I understand you, when you
> explode the things they are no longer text and can not be moved
> as such.

Tools=>Convert=>Explode Dimensions to Free Primitives will convert a
normal dimension line and associated text into individual elements,
(multiple lines for the arrows and making the measurement into a text
field). The text can be moved as a unit, but association with the arrows
and dimension lines is lost.

There are so many features I could imagine for dimensions, but they are
probably not nearly as important as some of the other bu..oops
"features". (For example being able to grab the end of a dimension line
and drag it to a new position and the dimension text is updated to the
new length. Or then there are angular dimensions. And ...)

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs

* To join or leave this list visit:
*                      - or email -