Dave:

I'm with you. I and most designers live in both worlds. We just need Protel
to fix the conversion so we can toggle between worlds without introducing
roundoff errors. Your process works for you to "GET IT DONE" just not easy.
If I understand you, when you explode the things they are no longer text and

can not be moved as such.

"David W. Gulley" wrote:

> Jim Mcgrath wrote:
> > Accurate conversion is the key. NOT that metric rules.
>
> But what do you do when you live in both worlds? I had a client with a
> somewhat funnel shaped board and he wanted the assembly drawing for one
> end dimensioned in mm and the other in mils.
>
> Note, as soon as you change measurement units, the values in the
> dimensions change accordingly! So just to compensate, I explode the
> dimension to free primitives.
>
> Hey Protel, why not allow the user to assign a measurement unit to each
> dimension. (and while you are at it provide BOTH mil and mm on the
> measure distance function to avoid the constant swap between the two...)
>
> David W. Gulley
> Destiny Designs

* To join or leave this list visit: