Hello, all:

I have purchased the upgrade to Protel 99SE.  It has been sitting in the box
for about 3 months now, waiting for my new computer hardware to arrive.  The
old computer (circa 1996 Dell) can't run 99SE.  Not enough RAM (64MB, can't
add more).

I decided to go with a dual P-III PC133 (screw Rambus and their lawyers)
system, instead of the Athlon DDR I was considering.  The reasons:
1)  I have been told that dual CPU systems are "smoother" than single CPU
systems.
2)  I have heard of compatibility problems between DDR memory modules and
systems.  Until they get the kinks worked out of DDR, I don't want to
experiment.  After all, this is to be a WORK machine, not a play machine.

My question is:  do I have to install the old Protel software on my new PC
before I install the 99SE upgrade?  I hope not; I would rather not "pollute"
the new machine with old DLLs, etc. from the old software.

Hopefully, by this time next week, I will be joining the rest of you in the
W2K/99SE realm.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.