On 12:13 PM 3/22/01 -0500, Bagotronix Tech Support said:
>Hello, all:
>
>I have purchased the upgrade to Protel 99SE.  It has been sitting in the box
>for about 3 months now, waiting for my new computer hardware to arrive.

Congratulations on the new computer!  Just for curiosity's sake, how much
RAM did you get installed? (By now, you know what I think on the subj...)

>My question is:  do I have to install the old Protel software on my new PC
>before I install the 99SE upgrade?  I hope not; I would rather not "pollute"
>the new machine with old DLLs, etc. from the old software.

I believe that P99SE is a stand-alone installation, unlike incremental
"upgrade" versions which look for preceding versions as an authorization
step. The keycodes serve that purpose...

I'm glad you're able to afford the upgrades. I think you'll be pleasantly
surprised overall, once you're over the (modest)  learning curve from v3
(assuming 3 was like 2.8) to the new way of doing things that P9x presents
to the user.

Remember to install SP6 as soon as you load the program. That way you'll
avoid the pitfalls that it remedies (and remember, Protel's service packs
are inclusive, ie, they include all previous service packs for a given
product, so there's no need to install sp1,sp2, etc...)

regards,

2.2   S E C O N D   D R O P   T O W E R
Andrew J Jenkins        Electrical Engineer
National Center for Microgravity Research
NASA-Glenn Research Center MS 45-1
21000 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland OH 44135
(216) 433-5001 fax:433-3793

* To join or leave this list visit: