> was this in the 'new features' list of some SP ?
> if so, I sure missed it

I dont know  I never hit  TAB when I pulled the legend down.  I thought it
was a cute feature with potential but never used it for deliverables.  I
would setup layer stack information in the Layer Stack Manager  for signal
integrity  on controlled impedance boards, I had  no way of extracting my
setting for prepreg and core thickness, so I manually  re-typed  it on my
own legend or included it on the fab note.  This new found feature will
greatly help!  COOL TOOL

Maybe the 3D viewer has a TAB key

Mike Reagan
EDSI