Mr.Lomax,

It does in fact come with SP6.  There is no NDA in force.  Check it out first.

At 11:20 AM 7/9/2001 -0700, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
>At 10:24 AM 7/9/01 +1000, Geoff Harland wrote:
>>The documentation for this process leaves something to be desired. No
>>LayerStackupAnalyzer.hlp file was provided with the prerelease version, and
>>nor was such a file provided with SP6. However, given that SP6 has now been
>>released on a public basis, it is now permissible for users such as myself
>>to provide assistance on this server.
>
>The Layer Stackup Legend tool is currently available for download from
>Protel as Pre-release. There is nothing to indicate that it is associated
>with SP6. I don't think there is any harm in mentioning the function of
>TAB in the use of this tool, but, technically, Protel has not released us
>from the NDA obligations. They could remedy that easily.
>
>I had occasion to uninstall and reinstall 99SE and SP6, and that is why,
>even though I had previously downloaded -- and probably installed -- the
>tool, it was not on my Tools menu. It may very well be that the process is
>made available in SP6, but it was not placed in the default menus; that
>would explain what has been revealed here.
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Abdulrahman Lomax
>P.O. Box 690
>El Verano, CA 95433

Also there was this:

>At 11:26 AM 7/9/2001 -0700, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
>Protel is well-known for giving us more than it tells us it has given us....
>
>Here is what one is "supposed to just know":
>
>When an object is floating on the cursor, hitting TAB will generally open
>an edit menu for that object. Thus the tool designer used a Protel
>standard procedure. However, since the object is complex, it is also easy
>to understand why many users overlooked this. We just didn't expect it.
>
>One more Protel procedure: while in various screens and menus, try using
>rt.click. It will often bring up a menu with available commands. Sometimes
>these commands are not available any other way (in the default menus). Of
>late, Protel has been filling out the default menus, so this is becoming
>less true.

I am very well versed on how to use Protel.

I know you mean well, Abd ul-Rahman, but you often leave the impression of
condescension in your posts.  This has raised my Ire on numerous occasions,
but I've bit my tongue until now.  You reply to almost everything posted
here, whether it needs replied to or not.  This is a mixed
blessing.  However, there certainly is no reason to talk down to literally
all of us, all the time.  This point has been raised before in a very
diplomatic manner by a certain individual we all know well here- I think
this individuals' concern was what happens to the flow of ideas when one
poster asserts dominance in a user group.

My point was that unlike all the OTHER functions, TAB isn't accessible
until you define the first point.  This is in NOTABLE contrast to other
functions.

-Frank

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies