The layer stackup legend was included with the service pack because it is
installed on my machine and I never downloaded the standalone.
Nick Cobb

-----Original Message-----
From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 1:21 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Layer Stackup Legend

At 10:24 AM 7/9/01 +1000, Geoff Harland wrote:
>The documentation for this process leaves something to be desired. No
>LayerStackupAnalyzer.hlp file was provided with the prerelease version, and
>nor was such a file provided with SP6. However, given that SP6 has now been
>released on a public basis, it is now permissible for users such as myself
>to provide assistance on this server.

The Layer Stackup Legend tool is currently available for download from
Protel as Pre-release. There is nothing to indicate that it is associated
with SP6. I don't think there is any harm in mentioning the function of TAB
in the use of this tool, but, technically, Protel has not released us from
the NDA obligations. They could remedy that easily.

I had occasion to uninstall and reinstall 99SE and SP6, and that is why,
even though I had previously downloaded -- and probably installed -- the
tool, it was not on my Tools menu. It may very well be that the process is
made available in SP6, but it was not placed in the default menus; that
would explain what has been revealed here.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433