At 11:51 AM 7/9/01 -0500, Frank Gilley wrote:
>Wow, I never knew that "hidden" Tab box was in the layer stackup
>legend.  That feature has suddenly become useful !
>Who would have guessed that it was only available after selecting the
>first corner?  How is it that we are supposed to just know about these
>sorts of things?

Protel is well-known for giving us more than it tells us it has given us....

Here is what one is "supposed to just know":

When an object is floating on the cursor, hitting TAB will generally open
an edit menu for that object. Thus the tool designer used a Protel standard
procedure. However, since the object is complex, it is also easy to
understand why many users overlooked this. We just didn't expect it.

One more Protel procedure: while in various screens and menus, try using
rt.click. It will often bring up a menu with available commands. Sometimes
these commands are not available any other way (in the default menus). Of
late, Protel has been filling out the default menus, so this is becoming
less true.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690