Wow, I never knew that "hidden" Tab box was in the layer stackup
legend.  That feature has suddenly become useful !
Who would have guessed that it was only available after selecting the first
corner?  How is it that we are supposed to just know about these sorts of
things?

Thanks for the info, guys

Frank

At 10:24 AM 7/9/2001 +1000, Geoff Harland wrote:
>When using this process, you should previously switch to the layer (i.e.
>make that layer the current/active layer) you want the layer legend to be
>added to. When prompted, select the first corner, *then* press the Tab key
>to invoke the "Layer Stackup Analyzer Setup" dialog box. That dialog box
>contains checkboxes which permits you to select which details of the layer
>stackup will be subsequently reported. (I regard it as confusing that this
>dialog box is not invoked if the Tab key is pressed prior to selecting the
>first corner.) After selecting the required items and closing the dialog
>box, you will be prompted for the second corner, and the location of this
>will determine how much area is occupied by the resulting text (and how high
>the associated text strings consequently are).
>
>The documentation for this process leaves something to be desired. No
>LayerStackupAnalyzer.hlp file was provided with the prerelease version, and
>nor was such a file provided with SP6. However, given that SP6 has now been
>released on a public basis, it is now permissible for users such as myself
>to provide assistance on this server.
>
>Regards,
>Geoff Harland.

Frank Gilley