The pin data probably does exist somewhere as a text file or bonding details of
die pad location ( in x,y ) to pin number on the package. But for manufacturers
to put these into Protel specific format, its not going to happen soon. There is
possibly a legal implication in providing partial schematic details and if the
format was a text file of pin numbers and names ready to be imported into CAD
SCH editors it may not be where the manufacturers want to be involved in.

For high pin count devices the pin data is always in manufacturers data sheets
as tables spanning  multiple pages and giving pin number, name and details. Im
speculating here but this could be scanned/ ocr'd and then maybe put in Excel
and massaged into some sort of format.

But the missing link is Protel providing an easy and workable schematic editor
able to import some form of this data. Another one for Mr Protel.

"Steve Wiseman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/27/2001 03:19:34 AM