At 12:28 PM 7/26/01 -0500, Ted Tontis wrote:
>         I would like to try and stay with Wind Rivers standards. They have
>already done most of the leg work on this subject.

An obvious step to take would be for a user to move that the Wind Rivers
standards be adopted, and then we could go over them and discuss any
possible changes. I have not seen those standards yet, so I am not
specifically recommending this, but some of us *have* seen them.

And I'd suggest that the motion be made on the library list (join by
sending mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]), where some kind of
formal process can be followed and the archive will serve as a focused
record of discussions and decisions. On the association list, we have
regular threads which are for free general discussion and then formal
threads, with the subject line beginning with MOTION:, followed by a brief
title. The formal threads are strictly monitored by the chair, who can
delete irrelevant material from the formal threads in the list archive.
Normally this is not necessary.... The MOTION threads become the formal
record of the committee.

I strongly suggest that any *formal* discussion be moved to the library
list, for the same reason that projects involving detail are moved to
committee in any large organization. As I conceive of it, the committee
will only make recommendations and further general user input would be
requested before finalizing anything.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690