On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, chris mackensen wrote:

> for example, to get an Excel spreadsheet of pin data, one only has to copy
> and paste from PDF to Excel (usually through MS-Word, to get the tables
> correct)....

Hmm, the massaging this needs normally makes it very painful. I've not
tried going through Word (I don't have Word to try it on...). Sometimes, a
combination of txt copy from pdf, plus save pdf as rtf, gets a usable
result, but neither copes gracefully with things like manufavturers
leaving table entries blank for power pins, etc. Still, better than
nothing!

> I used to have an automatic Excel sheet to schematic part generator!!!!!!!!

At a previous employment, I had a VHDL to Altera Part generator, which was
sweet - consistent pin names from source to PCB, correct pin
directions. It was driven from the post-layout Altera tools' output.

Steve