> I just looked at this a short while ago. I am also using a 388 1.27mm
PBGA,
> by AMD - ELANSC520. We are intending to tent the Vias as the folks on this
> group suggested. I have noticed your Via pad is smaller than we were asked
> to use by our fab house. We were asked to use 0.71mm pad and 0.3mm hole.

0.3mm ~ 12mil, so your via hole is the same.
0.71mm ~ 28 mil, so your via pad is 3mil wider than mine.

I was just going by National Semiconductor's recommended land patterns for
the parts.  They seem to recommend a 0.64mm (25mil) pad for the solder
balls.  They don't specify how big the via should be, but of course it has
to fit between four pads.  I just figured on using the same size for the via
pad.  Maybe that's not such a good assumption?

For vias, I normally use 32mil pad, 18mil hole, but BGA is pushing me into
new areas...

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.