On 04:27 PM 8/27/2001 -0700, Brad Velander wrote:
>Michael,
>         Possibly the EDA Tool Cafe is getting it from PCD Mag or some of the
>other Miller Freeman group publications, I just recently renewed a couple of
>subscriptions and supplied my email address for further subscription
>renewals. That's got to be it, blame Pete Waddel, flame his butt at the next
>PCB Design Conference! 8^>
>         Possibly someone could make the enquiry of PCD? Check what they
>state the email address shall or shall not be used for, etc.. I will try to
>take a look at their subscription page tonight, anybody got a contact within
>the magazine itself?

Nah, doesn't compute.  I got the same thing, and I dropped my subscription to PCD
nearly a year ago. My guess is still that it comes from here, whether by some ibsystem
employee subcribing and violating the group policy or as Mike Beavis suggested,
through the archives.

The interesting thing, though, is that their site doesn't include Protel as an EDA
vendor...

In any case, I'm generating a list of possible reply addresses for a potent
deinculsion request addresses at ibsystems by PEDA members. More to come...

FWIW, ibsystems has been at this spam game for quite some time. See google and enter
ibsystems for more info

aj