I am getting it.  I am not subscribed to PCD mag.
I am also on embedded linux and LART groups.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew J Jenkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 4:43 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Spam trawlers in this group

On 04:27 PM 8/27/2001 -0700, Brad Velander wrote:
>Michael,
>         Possibly the EDA Tool Cafe is getting it from PCD Mag or some of
the
>other Miller Freeman group publications, I just recently renewed a couple
of
>subscriptions and supplied my email address for further subscription
>renewals. That's got to be it, blame Pete Waddel, flame his butt at the
next
>PCB Design Conference! 8^>
>         Possibly someone could make the enquiry of PCD? Check what they
>state the email address shall or shall not be used for, etc.. I will try to
>take a look at their subscription page tonight, anybody got a contact
within
>the magazine itself?

Nah, doesn't compute.  I got the same thing, and I dropped my subscription
to PCD nearly a year ago. My guess is still that it comes from here, whether
by some ibsystem employee subcribing and violating the group policy or as
Mike Beavis suggested, through the archives.

The interesting thing, though, is that their site doesn't include Protel as
an EDA vendor...

In any case, I'm generating a list of possible reply addresses for a potent
deinculsion request addresses at ibsystems by PEDA members. More to come...

FWIW, ibsystems has been at this spam game for quite some time. See google
and enter ibsystems for more info

aj

*                      - or email -