On 08:56 AM 17/09/2001 -0700, Brad Velander said:
>Waldemar,
>         haven't tried to implement the fix yet but wanted to make sure I
>understood the cause. Ian said clicking the default button caused the
>problem. Are you saying that changing the display order using the
>promote/demote buttons also causes the problem?
>         If the answer to the above question is positive, aaarrgghh! That
>means that we cannot change the display order without invoking the bug. I
>changed the display order right off the start because I found the default
>order too unworkable. Looks like I may be stuck with it again, or I put up
>with the display problem which in my case is livable but annoying.
>
>Brad Velander,

Brad,

My experiments suggest that it is the "Default" button that causes the
problem.  I could use the Promote and Demote buttons OK.  But I must admit
I am not sure how much testing I did.

Thinking about the different buttons in the Layer Drawing Order dialog, I
can understand how an oversight (being polite) might make the Default
button only fill the list with the old layers in a hard coded order (as
this section of code was not updated when the new layers were added).  I
would be surprised if the Promote and Demote buttons cause the problem.

Bye for now,
Ian