> Yes. It gets more confusing, however, if the pins are not all in the same
> state. Each pin will switch state with each load. But the Synchronizer
> does
> not have this problem.
>

> > > The Synchronizer, however, works properly: when multiple pads
> > > have the same
> > > name (and are part of the instance of a footprint, they will all
> receive
> > > the net assignment.
> > >
> > > Use the Synchronizer!!! (Update PCB from the Schematic Editor).
> >
> >This would be wonderful, except I've changed the comment on a number of
> >components and the synchronizer, unlike when I reload the nets, changes
> all
> >the comments to reflect those on the schematic without my approval.  When
> >make PCB changes by reloading the nets, I can simply delete the comment
> >changes.
>
> Sure. But you are making a lot of work for yourself. Why not have the
> comment on the PCB match the type field on the Schematic? (Few designers
> use the comments at all except to let them know what a footprint
> represents
> without looking at the schematic....) Further, if you press Preview
> Changes
> in the Synchronizer dialog instead of Execute, any comment changes are
> given just as with Netlist Load.
>
> The PCB database is not designed to hold much information about the
> parts....

                If like myself you have your own manufacturer and each part
has its own stock number etc which is linked to a database, you sometimes
have to edit the pcb comment.  eg.  i have about 10 different 100nF
capacitors, all different types and voltages, the schematic should display
relevant info (voltage and type) however the board is cramped so i just
display 100n for ease of build(generally only one type is used per pcb).
the syncronizer then throws a wobbler that the comments are different. :-(
i can't update the schematic from the pcb because the database linking will
then not find the correct part.

        Just my two cents..

        Rich