Tony,

Bravo. I fully agree. My package was delivered on October 2nd. Do I get ATS
free for a year? I assume so, but what about next year? What's the ratio of
pre October 1st users to post October 1st users. Quite high, I should think.

As you state, one of the big plus points of Protel was the free support. The
users should revolt. I know Protel is pretty buggy, but that didn't bother
me too much, because of this free support. That was what swung the decision
for me - I already had OrCAD Capture and Layout, and this year decided to
stop paying the maintenance charge, which I offset against the Protel
purchase. I wouldn't have done that if I'd known about this move. I'm not
too pleased about this, as one of my arguments was that Protel would pay for
itself over the next two to three years, compared with the Cadence
maintenance costs.

Steve.