So now, how we buy and upgrade CAD software is to be determined by tax law?
UGH!  Tax law is an evil that touches all things...

Software maintenance:  what a ludicrous concept.  Did the software wear out?
Did the software break?  Hah!

I cast my vote for free service packs and e-mail/phone support, and paid
version upgrades.  Software maintenance is a cash vampire, and we should all
drive a stake through it's evil heart.  Happy Halloween!

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com