Do you do your own taxes? If not, who cares? My accountant wouldn't change
my bill over a few items like this. It's HIS job to deal with the
complications, not mine. I just pay him for his services.

The bottom line is "the bottom line" Are you money ahead in the old system
or the new? Their info is a bit misguiding. On one page it says: "ATS
membership cannot be purchased on existing Protel 99 SE licenses." On
another page is says: "Altium Total Support is annually renewable and is
priced at US$1995. for P-CAD and Protel full suites." So what is it?

They also say: "The annual subscription makes it easy for the customer to
budget for product upgrades and support by ensuring that they do not
encounter any of the unexpected expenses that can accompany a new product
release, and by removing the need for capital expenditure in order to update
software."

Yeah right, just plan on handing over $2000 every year whether or not you
get anything for it. Thanks. One of the biggest draws to Protel was that it
was free of maintenance fees. I would go from job to job getting them to buy
Protel. I don't think I'll be such a proponent any longer if this ATS
becomes permanent.

I don't know about most of you, but I never call Protel support anymore. I
did in the early days, especially when I was a beta tester (three locations
ago). These days, I have a pretty good handle on their tools, and there is
always this group to answer questions.

I know all of us have not spent $2000 a year for the past ten years. Where's
the upside to this? I don't see it yet. We must revolt.

Tony