Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

> The last time I did my own taxes (about 2 years ago), you could take Section
> 179 expense deduction up to $19,000 in that tax year.  This means you don't
> have to do the depreciation schedule for anything you can expense off.  Of
> course, if you have more than $19K of purchases, you must either hold the
> extra over until next year, or depreciate the extra.  I always chose to
> expense them off, since depreciation is a pain in the butt, I never had more
> than $19K to expense off, and 5-year depreciation for computers and software
> is ridiculous.

I use the Tax Cut program, it does all the depreciation schedules easily,
the one real paperwork killer with doing the taxes.  It also imports the
whole depreciation system from year to year, you just have to add the
new items.

> Hey, too bad there isn't a viable freebie CAD package for Linux.  No taxes
> on free software running on a free OS!  I can dream, right?

There was a serious effort going, but it seems to have stalled.  They
did get schematic capture working, but I think the PCB stuff was barely
started.

Jon