Also, don't forget about Morphing (or Replication). Protel's best kept secret.

The Schematic editor allows objects being placed to copy all the attributes
of an existing
object in the document. To copy using morphing involves holding an object
(eg. resistor)
currently floating on the cursor over another object (eg. capacitor) to
replicated and hitting
the INSERT key. In the example the resistor will become a capacitor
floating with the cursor
and all the capacitors attributes will be assigned to this new part,
including refdes.

At 09:32 AM 13/11/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>i usually place the first part and then fill out all the fields and then
>use copy paste for the subsequent parts
>Dennis Saputelli
>

>Stephen Smith wrote:
> >
> > When a multi-part component is placed on the schematic, and you need to
> > set, or change the footprint; why do you have to change it for each
> > part??
> > There might be an easy solution......but to me a seems stupid, as the
> > component is not going to have two different footprints.
> > I know you can do global changes, or set the footprint (using tab key)
> > when placing, or change it for each part of the component.
> > But you would (or I would) have thought that if you change one of the
> > footprints, Protel would automatically change the other parts of the
> > component..........wouldn't you?????
> >
> > Steve

Regards,

Colin Weber